AFE was honored to bring together Dr. Janice Pride-Boone, Pediatrician; Dr. Boahema Pinto, Emergency Medicine at Albany Medical Center; Brooke A Raveendranath, Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, St. Peters Health Partners, and LaQuetta Ellis, LPN, Co-Owner, Hearts and Mind Training Center to discuss concerns that many people have about getting the COVID-19 vaccine or vaccinating their child. Questions addressed at the forum included:
- Why are Black and African American people unequally impacted by COVID-19?
- Why is the Latino community unequally impacted by COVID-19?
- Are the COVID-19 vaccines being used to experiment on people of color?
- Are the COVID-19 vaccines safe?
- What are the side effects of the vaccine?
- How are vaccine side effects different from COVID-19 symptoms?
- Why is there more than one vaccine? Are there any differences between them? Will I be able to choose which vaccine I get?
- How did they develop these vaccines so quickly and how can they be safe if they were developed quickly?
- They say it’s safe now, but how do we know what it will do ten years from now?
- If the vaccine works, why are people still getting COVID? And why all these boosters?
Recordings of the forum are available on YouTube in English: