Do you have time, talent, or treasure you can devote to helping Albany’s students become all they can be? We invite you to find your niche in these opportunities.
Join the AFE Board
- We are a working board, we come from many walks of life and parts of the community, and we have use for a wide variety of skills — community connections, budgeting, fundraising, writing, marketing.
- We are mission-driven, with decisions guided by a Strategic Plan, most recently updated in 2019. We complete annual board assessments that help us identify areas of need on our board.
- If you are interested in helping guide the work we do, we can discuss how your strengths might enhance our effectiveness.
Become a Community Partner
Community Partners are key to AFE’s capacity to make a difference for Albany’s students. They’re so important that we require that all requests for classroom or school-based grant funding show the involvement of at least one Community Partner.
Community Partners can be businesses, non-profits, community groups, or individuals not employed by the District, and the contributions they make to school projects are broad:
- Monetary support
- Volunteer hours
- Subject area expertise and help designing and/or delivering a program
- In-kind contributions of supplies
Community Partners play a vital role in helping make Albany’s schools the stimulating and supporting place that they are for our students. Reach out and help us make a difference!